|via Zoom Conference|
|Thursday, 18 November 2021 17:30Thursday, 18 November 2021 19:30|
November 18, 2021
5:30 pm - TBA
The Charter Board & Committee minutes are posted within a reasonable amount of time (approximately 10 days) after approval on the "Past Board Meeting Minutes" link under the "Board Members" tab in the Main Menu.
Meeting ID: 605 368 5964
♦ Call to Order
♦ Approval of the Minutes from Previous Meetings
♦ School Director’s Report
♦ Old Business
♦ New Business
♦ Executive Session (if necessary)
I. Roll Call & Attendees
- Norma Lubin
- Bettye Chapman
- Mary Fitzpatrick
- Oliver Fitzpatrick
- Grace Ward
- Dr. David Ang
- Mary Pugh
- Executive Director Kia Debnam
- Dr. Nettles
II. Approval of Minutes from Previous Meetings held October 21, 2021.
III. Old Business
IV. Reports and Recommendations of Committees
- (Finance Committee Consultant - Oliver Fitzpatrick) No report was given.
V. Reports and Recommendations of the School Leader, Kia Debnam
- The board was informed of the success our COVID plans have had in keeping students and staff safe.
- We were also informed that our food services were encountering complications as our cafeteria needs repair and upgrades. We are losing thousands of dollars monthly in food expenses and must have the repairs made as soon as possible.
- Finally, our school had the privilege of attending an interview for NSVF. Last year we were awarded $250k and we’re hoping they choose to support us again.
VI. New business and Action Items (* Committee Lead Needed)
VII. Remarks from Trustees & Attendees.
- There was no Financial Report provided due to the transition from 4SS to New Schools for Alabama as our back-office support.
VIII. Adjournment: Next meeting - December 16, 2021
Board President / Chair