May 12, 2020
via Zoom Conference
I. Roll Call - Introductions
- Norma Chism – Chair
- Kia Debnam – School Leader
- Betty Chapman – Finance Officer
- Grace Ward – Executive Secretary
- Emmett Johnson – Board Member
- Jimmy Hyde – Board Advisor
- David Ang – Board Member
- Dr. Willie Bradley – Board Advisor
- Todd Wright – Board Advisor
- Gwendolyn Bradley – Board Advisor
- Pastor Kevin McDaniel – Board Member
II. Approval of Minutes from Previous Meeting April 14, 2020
- The minutes were approved.
- In lieu of the regularly scheduled May 12, 2020 Board Meeting, the Board members met at the:
via Zoom Conference
III. Old Business
Building Purchase Agreement
The board members unanimously agreed to accept the terms and conditions of the Purchase Agreement.
- Official Hire of School Leader May 1, 2020
The board members unanimously agreed to hire Kia Debnam as the School Leader.
IV. Reports and Recommendations of Committees
V. Reports and Recommendations of the School Leader
VI. New business and Action Items (* Committee Lead Needed)
- Board Member Update
Both Beverly Hill and Todd Wright on separate occasions have tendered their resignation from the board to pursue other opportunities.
- Building Repairs - Architect
- Resolution Voting
The proposed resolution for the Teachers Retirement Fund was previously forwarded for review by all Board members and was presented for a vote by the board. Prior to the vote an opportunity was presented for questions and discussion of the proposed Teachers Retirement Fund. A motion was made and seconded to adopt the resolutions. The resolution was unanimously approved by the board.
The proposed resolution for the purchase of the school, cafeteria and gym was presented by the Board Chair. Prior to the vote an opportunity was presented for questions and discussion of the proposed purchases. A motion was made and seconded to adopt the resolutions. The resolution to purchase the property was unanimously approved by the board.
- Financial Report/Grant Update
School Leader is currently pursuing several grants.
- National Charter School Conference June 21-24, 2020 Orlando FL (TBD)
VII. Remarks from Trustees