Leaders Influencing Freedom & Excellence (LIFE) Academy will implement curriculum and instruction that advances a trauma sensitive learning environment, through culturally relevant and holistic pedagogy, student connectedness, and authentic community partnerships.
Our Teaching Fellows will support the most rigorous, joyful, and socially conscious academic experience for LIFE Academy students. Teaching Fellows will partner with teachers in providing culturally relevant instruction while maintaining rigor. The Teaching Fellow position will report directly to the Dean of Curriculum and work closely with the Head of School.
30K (based on experience and education)
Anticipated Start Date
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Embrace the idea that a student’s prerequisite knowledge should serve as the foundation for which students learn to navigate the cultures of the world.
- Collaborate with the Dean of Students, the Special Education Coordinator, the School Social Worker/s, and other school staff to maximize the ability of LIFE Academy to support students’ academic and socio-emotional development
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Able to move fluidly with the variability of start-up
- Love of learning
- Commitment to community and Servant Leadership
- Able to provide support and reinforcement of teacher lessons
- Give one-on-one or small group instruction
- Strong organizational skills; extremely careful attention to detail and follow-through
- Support teacher with attendance, grading, and other administrative tasks
- Has a Growth Mindset - able to receive and implement feedback from team
- Exceptional ability to bridge and enhance cooperative working relationships.
Minimum Educational Level & Experience Required
High school diploma or equivalency
Teaching Fellow (Assistant)
Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; flexible, able to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed.
- Substitute teach
- Cover after-school duty posts & groups/clubs
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned by the Dean of Curriculum/ Head of School.
- LIFE covers 85% of personal healthcare benefits
- Employees are automatically enrolled into the Alabama Retirement System
- LIFE matches 100% of individual retirement contributions
- At least one early release day monthly
- Joyful and Fair Work Environment
How to Apply