Leaders Influencing Freedom & Excellence (LIFE) Academy will implement curriculum and instruction that advances a trauma sensitive learning environment, through culturally relevant and holistic pedagogy, student connectedness, and authentic community partnerships.
Our Founding Teachers will deliver the most rigorous, joyful, and socially conscious academic experience for LIFE Academy students. Teachers will ensure students receive culturally relevant instruction while maintaining rigor. The Founding Teacher position will report directly to the Dean of Curriculum and works closely with the Director of Operations and Dean of Students.
38-45k Based on education and experience
Anticipated Start Date
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Embrace the idea that a student’s prerequisite knowledge should serve as the foundation for which students learn to navigate the cultures of the world.
- Collaborate with the Dean of Students, the Special Education Coordinator, the School Social Worker/s, and other school staff to maximize the ability of LIFE Academy to support students’ academic and socio-emotional development
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Able to move fluidly with the variability of start-up
- Love of learning
- Commitment to community and Servant Leadership
- Strong content knowledge and teaching skills in the classroom
- Maintain systems to monitor student achievement and implement appropriate interventions
- Strong organizational skills; extremely careful attention to detail and follow-through.
- Possesses a multitude of strategies for classroom management
Minimum Educational Level & Experience Required
- BA/BS in education or related field
- Teaching Certification preferred
- Functions as a facilitator rather than instructor
- Has a Growth Mindset - able to receive and implement feedback from team
- Strong communication and negotiating skills.
- Exceptional ability to bridge and enhance cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; flexible, able to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed.
- Background check (reimbursable if hired)
- LIFE covers 85% of personal healthcare benefits
- Employees are automatically enrolled into the Alabama Retirement System
- LIFE matches 100% of individual retirement contributions
- At least one early release day monthly
- Joyful and Fair Work Environment