Leaders Influencing Freedom & Excellence (LIFE) Academy will implement curriculum and instruction that advances a trauma sensitive learning environment, through culturally relevant and holistic pedagogy, student connectedness, and authentic community partnerships.
The Office Manager is a school-based position responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operation of the school. Responsibilities for this role include, school inventory supply management, clerical and office administrative support, logistics planning for school events, as well as general support of key operations processes. The Office Manager will adhere to all COVID response policies as outlined by the Director of Operations. The Office Manager reports directly to the Director of Operations and works closely with the Leadership team.
Low to Mid 20k
Anticipated Start Date
April 1, 2021
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Exemplify the core values of Life Academy.
- Collaborate with the Dean of Students, the Special Education Coordinator, the School Social Worker/s, and other school staff to maximize the ability of LIFE Academy to support students’ academic and socio-emotional development.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and confidential student records.
- Compile a variety of data for monthly reports.
- Provide general clerical duties, including preparing correspondence and forms, email, fax, file and scanning of documents.
- Assist in emergency situations and communications regarding school closings due to incident or inclement weather.
- Collaborate with the Director of Operations to execute academic events.
- Help provide information to students, parents, and the community through weekly progress reports or school flyers/newsletters.
- Dispense office and classroom supplies to teachers and staff.
- Communicate facilities/maintenance needs to custodial/maintenance staff.
- Coordinate with the Director of Operations regarding asset purchases and building supply needs.
- Direct visitors to the Director of Operations or the appropriate school team member.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned by the Director of Operations or Head of School.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Experience working with confidential data and/or Student Information Systems.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity
- Ethically, upholds school system values
- Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently
Minimum Educational Level & Experience Required
- Requires a High School diploma or GED
- 2+ years’ experience in a relevant area for a total education/experience of 2 years.
- Prefer school administration experience
- Background check (reimbursable if hired)
- Requires standing or walking for brief periods, exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a regular basis; and some dexterity in operating office equipment.
- LIFE covers 85% of personal healthcare benefits
- Employees are automatically enrolled into the Alabama Retirement System
- LIFE matches 100% of individual retirement contributions
- At least one early release day monthly
- Joyful and Fair Work Environment