January 12, 2021
via Zoom Conference
I. Roll Call:
II. Approval of Minutes from Previous Meeting October 13, 2020 & November 10, 2020 were garnered.
III. Old Business
- There was no old business to discuss.
IV. Reports and Recommendations of Committees
- Finance Committee Consultant- Oliver Fitzpatrick was introduced.
- Membership Committee- The Board Chair described the aspects of this position to the committee and asks that anyone interested to let her know.
V. Reports and Recommendations of the School Leader (Kia Debnam- Absent)
Dr. Nettles joined us and the board chair acknowledged she assisted us in securing a space for LIFE Academy’s home office and we are grateful.
VI. New business and Action Items
- Building Repairs : Architect/Contractor Update David Mullen is working to get his drawings approved by the state commission office. Further, he has attained engineers to assist in his efforts.
- Financial Report : Awarded approximately 1.5M in funds. Further, we received word that The Caulder Fund was planning to give us another $10K in funds; as well as Charter School Growth Fund was seeking to give us additional funds. We are continually working to attain more funds for our program.
- Blue Hub Update : This national organization has agreed to work with us to finance both the purchase and repairs for the property formerly known at St. Jude Educational Institute.
- Approve Bylaws : The Bylaws were voted on and approved by the board.
VII. Remarks from Trustees
VIII. Adjournment: Next meeting - February 9, 2021