October 21, 2021
5:30 pm - TBA
The Charter Board & Committee minutes are posted within a reasonable amount of time (approximately 10 days) after approval on the "Past Board Meeting Minutes" link under the "Board Members" tab in the Main Menu.
♦ Call to Order
♦ Approval of the Minutes from Previous Meetings
♦ School Director’s Report
♦ New Business
♦ Old Business
♦ Executive Session (if necessary)
I. Roll Call & Attendees
- Norma Lubin
- Bettye Chapman
- Mary Fitzpatrick
- Oliver Fitzpatrick
- Grace Ward
- Dr. David Ang
- Mary Pugh
- Kia Debnam
- Dr. Nettles
- LIFE Academy Teachers/Parents
II. Approval of Minutes from Previous Meetings held September 15, 2021.
III. Old Business
IV. Reports and Recommendations of Committees
- No report was given. (Finance Committee Consultant - Oliver Fitzpatrick)
There was no Financial Report provided due to the transition from 4SS to New Schools for Alabama as our back-office support.
Further, the board chairman informed everyone of the Calendar year 2022 Meetings being moved to the Second Thursday of the month.
V. Reports and Recommendations of the School Leader
- The board was informed of the recent testing that indicates our students will need quite a bit of attention to prepare for state testing.
- The board was also informed of the reading position the school was just awarded.
- Lastly, several faculty and staff were in attendance with questions and concerns about the school. In order to keep everyone informed, we are planning a Townhall meeting.
VI. New business and Action Items (* Committee Lead Needed)
VII. Remarks from Trustees & Attendees.
VIII. Adjournment: Next meeting - November 18, 2021